In your comments, feel free to address some or all of the questions presented.
You are also free to discuss the devotional reading outside of the study guide questions.
Sunday questions are from the study guide supplied by Brethren Press.
1. What moments this past week fostered a sense of fear, uncertainty, or dis-ease?
2. Where did you sense God’s presence and peace this week?
1. Read Zephaniah 3:14-17. What stood out to you in this reading of the text?
2. John Lennon is quoted as saying, “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” Do you believe that? Why, or why not?
3. If you are a parent, how do you deal with your fears for your children?
4. In this passage, the remnant is restored—not to the way things were, but to a new future. How does this passage encourage you to move ahead after all the loss associated with the pandemic? Can you joyfully anticipate the future, even if it’s different from a beloved past?
5. Verse 15b in The Voice paraphrase says: “The True King of Israel, the Eternal One, is standing right here among you; you have no reason to be afraid ever again.” How does this promise impact your faith?