In your comments, feel free to address some or all of the questions presented.
You are also free to discuss the devotional reading outside of the study guide questions.
Sunday questions are from the study guide supplied by Brethren Press.
1. What moments this past week fostered a sense of fear, uncertainty, or dis-ease?
2. Where did you sense God’s presence and peace this week?
1. Read Luke 1:39-56. What stood out to you in this reading of the text?
2. Mary was not commanded to visit Elizabeth, yet she went with great haste. What emotions would have prompted such urgency?
3. In verse 41, we’re told Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, and in verse 42 she speaks. These are the actions of a prophet. What new understandings of God can be gleaned from the story of Zechariah’s speechlessness (vv. 20, 22) versus Elizabeth’s proclamations?
4. This could have been a scary time for Elizabeth (pregnancy in advanced years) and Mary (young and racked with scandal). How did gathering in community ease their burdens? How could gathering in community help alleviate your burdens?
5. There are many people in a broken and hurting world in need of community. How might you exit the confines of the church building to form a welcoming and inclusive community with those in need?